Thursday, July 3, 2014

Back to School (Again)

In August I'll be going back to Tech for their certificate in graphic design. Maybe I look like a copycat. I don't give a fuck.

I'm attracted to the field, and have a knack for it. The work I've produced so far (CD covers, poetry and story books, web designs) has been so-so at best. But my work will excel with some training and practice. A bit of history, a drawing class, a photography class, and practicepracticepractice with the programs and I'll be there.

Besides, this field is booming now, especially in this area. There are lots of jobs. For over a year and a half I've been my disabled brother's caretaker. But the pay is inadequate, and as rewarding as a humble service job such as this can be at times, it's also very emotionally draining. So I'm on to bigger and better things.

The next year will be hectic with juggling various responsibilities. But it'll be worth it because I'll have the skills to get a job doing something I enjoy. And it'll be fun because I'll be learning so much and looking forward to better and brighter days ahead.

Besides, the new attitude that I practice daily now is "I am cheerful even in adverse circumstances. Nothing bothers me."

Now to figure out what to do with all that repressed rage.