Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Bleeding Wolf (Song)

I am the Bleeding Wolf
I am a landfill prowler,
A midnight howler,
Devouring owls,
Discovering powers heretofore untapped
Wrapped up in those hidden corners.
Put me on a leash –
A short chain will serve you better –
Better tie it around my neck –
You don’t want me on the looooooooooooose.
I’m a piercer; my wants are strong –
My teeth are stronger –
You wouldn’t want me any other way.
Wow!

I am the Bleeding Wolf
Jaws adrip from ripping at my ankle,
All around the flesh is gone,
But still there is the bone,
Yes, still there is the bone.
The trap I set is clamped tight
Right down on that bone.
Alone I howl,
And now I change from wolf to shark
To feed in frenzy and get through that bone.
Get through that bone!
But you put me in an underwater cage –
You don’t want me on the looooooooose.
I’m a devourer; hungry as the sea –
Deep as the night with a thousand teeth –
You wouldn’t want me any other way. 
Wow!