Monday, December 9, 2013

New Verses for Old Songs - Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad

Ever write your own verses to traditional songs? Here are some that work with that old tune "Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad."

I'm goin' down that road feelin' bad Lord, Lord.
I'm goin' down that road feelin' bad.
I'm goin' down that road feelin' bad, Lord, Lord
And I ain't gonna be treated this-a-way.

I work at the diner all night long.
I work at the diner all night long.
Wait tables at the diner all night long, Lord, Lord
And I ain't gonna be treated this-a-way.

My husband John won't work to save his life.
My husband John won't work to save his life.
My Johnny Boy won't work to save his life, Lord, Lord
And I don't wanna be treated this-a-way.

Line cook and I don't get along.
Line cook and I don't get along.
Line cook and I don't get along, Lord, Lord
And I cain't stand t'be treated this-a-way.

Boss man let me go last night.
Boss man let me go last night.
Boss man let me go last night, Lord Lord
And I don't wanna be treated this-a-way.