Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Plans for 2013

So far this year (yeah, it's early, I know) I haven't posted much here. But that's all about to change in the next few weeks.

I've changed jobs; now I care for my brother Dan five days a week. Suddenly I've got a bit more free time so I'm going to use it to write more and distribute my work far and wide.

As I join the ranks of highly paid, award-winning writers and authors, I plan on cranking out a lot more songs, poems, articles, essays and stories, blog them, self-publish them in chapbooks and CDRs. In the meantime I'm going to look for publishing opportunities.

Plus, I've got a band. For a couple of years now we've been called Sun Sweet Sun, and that went along well enough with the psychedelic home-studio-based layered science fiction type of silliness I wrote from around 2007 to 2010. But now I've got more songs. Songs with more passion, more romance, more social and political consciousness. So it's time for a new band name.

Now we're going to be called Free Fire, and we're playing more and more shows. Hopefully we'll record something in the coming months, though there's no definitive plan for anything as of yet.