Monday, December 17, 2012

Interrogation

I love reading to increase my knowledge and understanding, but I'm the first to admit that my learning is neither wide nor deep. As such, my approach to learning has taken on the form of endless questioning. Not to seek answers, but to gather data for further questioning.

Certain questions predominate. Of course I've got knee-jerk reactionary responses to each, but for now the idea is to suspend any preconceptions in an effort to arrive at ever more specific data and new lines of questioning.

For now, these are what I'm most interested in:

1. What are humanity's highest values?
2. How does the current institutional system reinforce an/or undermine those values?
3. What would alternative systems look like?
4. How do we transition from our current state to a more humane, just world?